Visa E – is a visa for international investors and businessmen, citizens of international trade agreement countries with the US. Investor visa E will allow you either to open your company’s branch in the USA or to engage in the international trade. Visa E will also allow you to work for a US branch of an international company. In this case scenario an owner of business has to be a citizen of the country – a member of the international trade agreement with the US. Company’s “nationality” follows the nationality of its owner. The place of registration of the company is unimportant. If your employer is in the US, she has to have visa E category E-1 or E-2.

Family members of visa E holder (spouse, unmarried children under 21) are allowed to receive the same type of visa as the main E visa holder, and spouse of international investor is eligible to apply for a work authorization.

Visa Е-1

Visa E-1 – is an ideal option for the international businessmen, who enter the US in connection with an international trade between the US and a foreign-partner country. Visa E-1 status presumes that its holder is engaged in exchange of goods or services on the international level (contracts between parties are required). Visa E-1 allows international citizen to come to the US and stay in the country for the period of up to 5 years with the right of renewal.

Visa Е-2

Assistance in preparation of package of documents for Visa E-2 is also among our company’s services. A foreign national may apply for visa E-2 if his main goal is to be present in the US in order to control the business operations of the company, in which he has invested money. According to the immigration law, in order to obtain visa E-2 the main investor’s goal should be a business development. Even if, somebody else will manage the business in the US, you as an international investor have to play the lead role in terms of business development of the company.

To get a Visa E-2 it is essential, that a new investment activity has to have a positive impact on the US economy, for example, opening of new job places. The investment object should be a commercial project or a business idea for a product production or for rendering of service. For obtaining a visa E-2 the investment amount has no limits. However, the income from the business in the USA should be higher than the minimum required for the decent standard of living for the investor and his family. Your investment should be in a form other than investment in a non-profit organizations and not a speculative investment (Investment in bank account, buying a land, or purchasing shares). Investment assets should be in your ownership. As long as the income you are getting is legal, the location of the source of assets is not important.

Visa E – countries: in case you are opening a business in the USA along with partners, it is important that at least 50% of ownership belongs to a citizen of one of the countries listed below, who is not a US permanent resident.

Visa E – countries: below is the list of visa E participating countries (you also can find the list of participating countries here: ).

List of visa E-1 participating countries as of August 2012:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, Chili, China, Columbia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, South Korea, Kosovo, Latvia, Liberia, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia.

List of visa E-2 participating countries as of August 2012:

Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Chili, China (Taiwan), Columbia, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Iran, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liberia, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Senegal, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia.

Note: Spouse and children of the visa E-1 or visa E-2 holder can be a citizen of country other than a treaty country. This requirement is

applicable only to the main visa E holder.

Information about other types of business visas:

  • «Visa for Executives/Managers (L1)»
  • «Visa through business (H1-B)».